Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Frost ~~ Sensational Haiku Wednesday

Golf course pictures were taken from our back porch

Monday morning with frost on the golf course. Temps got down to 26, the lowest of the year (2007, this year also) so far.

My Haiku/

frost on the golf course
means a frost delay for sure
we'll tee off at ten

Saturday morning after a nighttime storm with a couple of inches of rain.

morning after rain
good earth extra bright and green
golf starts at seven

Sunday morning, not a cloud in the sky!

Sunday morning bright
honor sabbath--keep it holy
afternoon golf

- - - - - -

Sensational Haiku Wednesday is hosted by Jenn. Please click on here (Jenn's blog) for info about joining in and for more Haiku Wednesday participants.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Nanka said...

Lovely golf course and beautiful skies. Loved the Saturday one after the rains, has a freshness and the Sunday sky is perfect!!

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Nanka said...

Hello again Jim,
Your post reminded me of my recent vacation to Bangalore (South India).
My daughter and I stayed at the Golf Club and HERE is the link of what we could see from our room. There are five photographs taken all around that place. This is posted on my daughter, Rumya's blog.

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Ria said...

I used to love golf!! Then I got pregnant and couldn't hold the club! Then I was chasing the kid. Now that she's away at college maybe I'll take some lessons this spring.

Great pic's and great poems!

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Nothing can stand in the way of a good golf game. Sounds like you balance work and play well. Just a matter of timing...Nice!

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm smiling from ear-to-ear. We are heading out of this cold to spend a few months in the desert so we can work on the golf game. Yipee. (If only the snow lets us)

 
At Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new driver!

 
At Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:16:00 AM, Anonymous Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Ahhh, I know several men (J-B included) who envy you being able to golf in December. I used to love golfing - may take it up again one of these days.

Nicely done :)

Happy New Year! Looking forward to another great year of haiku!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home