Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Anniversary Post Newsletter — MidWeek Blues — What is this thing?

Note, please don't forget to enter Adi's contest.
Click here. You have until Next Sunday.
You are permitted to change or update your answers.


Today is the start of my fifth year of blogging. I have just completed four full years.

I will do three things in this post. First I need to do a MidWeek Blues picture. Second will be a statistical update. This will be followed by a short evaluation of areas of which I am concerned. Some will affect you, dear reader.



MidWeek Blues:
What is it?
Hints: (1) Don't kick it, you'll hurt your foot (2)
It isn't a rock or stone

Answers will be given, and shown on my next week's MidWeek Blues post.



Statistics:
Total Posts: 2616 (for the eight blogs)
Total Hits: 83,512 (many are from Google, my priority there is fairly decent) Total Comments: 12,386 (Yahoo is not cooperating for me to tell you how many are my own, I have left several.)
YouTube Viewers: 19,492 (views for my 20 YouTube videos)
Adi is the most popular, on posts and comments and on YouTube

Active Blogs & YouTube
Jim's Little Blog (1439 posts, 56,047 hits)
Jim's Little Photo and Poem Place (566 posts, 12,603 hits)
Ask Dr. Jim (blog) (80 posts, 8,356 hits)
Jim1Jim1 (YouTube) (20 videos, 19,492 views)

Areas of concern

Friend list: I need to update my friends lists. I have three categories which are '... Friends ...', 'Haven't Heard From These Lately', and 'The Bone Yard'.
Very soon I will move a bunch to the lower two categories (The Bone Yard has invisible links) and add some new Friends.

Mrs. Jim annual performance evaluation: Time is now. She has been an excellent wife but these things still need to be done. If she reads it she might find out how good I think she is. (I hold her on a pedestal.)

Consolidation: Every year I think about having just one blog. Right now basically I have the three active ones and it seems to be working.

Neglected areas:
1. Ask Dr. Jim (blog) needs to be updated at least once a week. It hasn't been nearly that often lately.
2. Jim1Jim1 (YouTube) needs some new videos. Most times I make them pertinent to a current blog post.

A minor concern: People believe everything that I say. Not all my poems are true. Please don't believe every word I write there as gospel, some is poetic fiction.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did. .
Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE, you don't have to write.
.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Suburban Girl said...

Hi Jim - Missed you last week! I am sure with the holiday it was a busy time! THe post is up, a little late today 'cause my old employer called and asked if I could put in some extra hours so I've had a little less time to play with blogs!

You have me stumped with that ball thingy. Looks a little like those tubes we used to get as kids where you put the goo on the end of a straw and blew it up...but we never got anything that big. Have to wait til next week.

We are bother celebrating an anniversary of one type or another! Happy Blogaversay!

 
At Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

this is a delightful whimsical sweet and funny post - just like you!!

I have no idea what that giant blue thing is - a melted Smurf?

Hope sends hugs to KP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home