Saturday, August 24, 2019

A Poem -- Do I ever win? Yes and No

 
[Picasso sculpture]

Nobody Loses All The Time

and
I don't keep count
The many times I've made the bed
Putting the pillows for your head
Or the few times you've lent a hand
but
Nobody loses all the time


now
I don't keep score
Who is ahead in our game
How many times I cook the meals
or wash the dishes or the clothes
Versus your mowing, paying bills
remember
Nobody loses all the time


and then
I don't, or do I, keep track 
Times there are that you miss the pot 
Don't ask me because there are a lot 
and don't you say "I'm all you've got" 
but if you do 
Nobody loses all the time 


What does it matter 
Your passion puts you way ahead 
Though I'm in love with you always 


So there
We both can win
(and I'm winning right now)
(Haha haha)   
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo is from Karin's prompt post, linked below, from a "Picasso sculpture show at the Museum of Modern Art in New York"
 - I'm linked with Kerry O'Conner for the prompt in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/08/play-it-again-with-old-toads.html

 - and per one of Kerry's Play It Again! with 'Old Toads' listed choices to which I am further linked with an older post I chose, 
" Sunday Mini Challenge with Karin Gustafson, January 16, 2016."

-  I had previously written to this same prompt by Karin on January 16, 2016, about my way of dealing with Tall Ladies, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-real-poem-truths-where-i-dont-often-go.html
 - Karin mentioned Picasso and E.E. Cummings, Nobody Loses All The Time, Link - https://hellopoetry.com/poem/1628/nobody-loses-all-the-time/ from which I got my title and inspiration for this one.  Mine will not stand up with the one by E.E. Cummings, but then who is keeping score?

- Not keeping  track but my "Mini" poem has 145 words.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

There is a he said she said energy here. The tally never is equal is it?
Love blurs the lines- Well Done

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:16:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

A new favourite of your poems for me, Jim.

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:34:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Wonderfully done, Jim 💖💖

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:38:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Jim, I'm with Kerry--this is one of my favorites by you. I love the tone, the familiarity between speaker and subject. And most of all, I love how much fun you had writing this one. It's so obvious in the tone (and the ending)!

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 11:42:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Maybe keeping book of the times doesn't really makes to much sense in the end, cause it's the passion that wins.

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the not keeping score, in a shared life, of shared chores. Way to make your wife happy, Jim! Smiles.

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Ostensible Truth said...

An excellent whimsy to this, lost in rhymes and affection. If somebody always won, did they ever partake...

 
At Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Well, this is delightful.

 
At Monday, August 26, 2019 5:25:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Life is love.

 
At Monday, August 26, 2019 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, this drops right into one of my favorite poems you've written.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home