Thursday, December 13, 2018

Do you care? That's Thursday's Poem

Like to know

This may be the year I come out
For a long time even my kids
They didn't know, I wouldn't tell
But they figured out they don't care

I don't tell friends most wouldn't care
When the subject comes up they talk
Want to know to them it matters
It might to me as well I'd like

We like to know from each other
I'd be proud if I'm the oldest *

* My coming out will be a revealing of my age.  Not a whole lot of people know how old I really am.  I don't tell. 
 _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved

 - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/12/revelation.html
 - Marian's post was about coming out of he closet like mine, but for her singer find (Youtube) it wasn't about revealing one's age.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:19:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

So? Are you coming out Jim?

 
At Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:25:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

My question as well! Better late than never.

 
At Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

That is a tender reflection. I'm wondering about "they don't care" and "most wouldn't care". That can mean both affirmative or negative reactions.

 
At Friday, December 14, 2018 5:07:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Yeah, agree with Anmol that those lines could be comforting or accusing or just uncaring. I hope it's the first.

 
At Friday, December 14, 2018 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I wonder too about the mixed reactions. I had a friend who came out at 72. After four husbands and eight children. She told me relationships with women were just as complicated as relationships with men.

 
At Friday, December 14, 2018 8:53:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

In so many cases I think everyone knows... I had a colleague once who came out, and it was so very obvious.

 
At Friday, December 14, 2018 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Wondering also, hoping not caring means loving people to be who they are.

 
At Friday, December 14, 2018 5:31:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I think sometimes the ones we fool the most ... is ourselves.

 
At Friday, December 14, 2018 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Most people know but deny it or they know and their fine with it. We too often are our own roadblocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home