Sunday, November 11, 2012

One Single Impression: Struggle

Struggle

My struggle is not
with the world, it is within
Deeper than within,
not with demons or people
My struggle is not
with them, it is purely me

A contradiction
hereby looms, had I been pure
no trouble would be
Troubles I have, I have sin
Though Jesus has saved
clearly my will vies with His

Pay Devil my dues?
Could becoming a monk help?
Live on the mountain
pray every day all day long?
Come close to the Lord
surely He'd purify me

- - - - - -
Photo and Poem Copyright
©2012 Jimmiehov

All Rights Reserved

.
- - - - - -  

The church we visited here was on the main drag Dubrovnik, Croatia.  I cannot tell you the name or its exact location without looking at my guide book which is currently out of pocket.
This week's prompt, struggle, was suggested by Viv of Vivinfrance's Blog
Find more poems using ''struggle" prompt word at
One Single Impression
Posted fr Real Toads  Open Link Monday 

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:53:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

"Struggle" is a very difficult topic to write on. You wrote very well again, Dr Jim :)

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Amrit Sinha said...

You wrote really well about our sins and the struggle to get rid of them by purifying our souls...well done !!!

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:35:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

That's quite a struggle. Great thoughts.

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:14:00 AM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

This is a poem I love. It speaks as if my heart is speaking. Thank you Jim.

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As all change comes from within, so is all struggle internal. We are all we have to conquer and reform.

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that...well said!

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:17:00 PM, Blogger joanne said...

I recall a 'religious' client of mine said that 'to live is to suffer'...But I agree, it's a choice...

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Shail said...

The inner struggle, something we have to face on our own :) Well done, Jim.

 
At Monday, November 12, 2012 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful work, as usual. The "inner struggle" is a lot to struggle about!

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:18:00 AM, Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

These inner struggles are what keep us close to the Lord. Always wondering why these things happen. Very well written.

You asked about my other blog...Artsy Endeavors is where I post my art and poems. If you look on the sidebar of the Greenbow blog there is a link. Id on't know why AE doesn't ever come up by itself. I guess because I started the Greenbow blog first.

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:27:00 AM, Blogger totomai said...

i think everyone experienced having an inner struggle. one of them is faith. any means, ways, styles of getting closer to Him is all good

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Lady In Read said...

a very good use for 'struggle'. I identify with the inner struggle as well - I think everyone does go through that on a daily basis..

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:26:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

What a spiritual and emotional poem here Jim. This makes me think of Romans 7 where Paul describes the inner struggle of doing good and fighting temptations. It is a very difficult struggle but with God, all things are possible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home