Friday, January 30, 2009

SkyWatch Friday (my twenty-fourth) -- Three sky views from the Caribbean

[large picture] [super sized]
My favorite is from this beach scene at St. Johns Island. St. Johns was not on our itinerary so we used our free time while docked at St. Thomas. We took a 'taxi' to the ferry across the island. The ferry took us to St. Johns. Then another 'taxi' to the beach. Back to the ship was the reverse procedure. I will probably blog about that some time next week on my other blog.


[large picture][super sized]
.
Taken from the coastal highway at St. Kitts Island. We were on the way back to the ship after an excursion.

.
Another scene showing the St. Kitts flag and a roof damaged by a hurricane. At least these people had a roof, homes in Galveston are still lacking roofs after our Ike.


Other Participants and How to Have Your Own Skywatch

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful series, thanks for sharing.

 
At Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for next spring to come because that's when I've planned my trip for the Caribbean! Fantastic shots!

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Guy D said...

The weather there looks outstanding, great shots.

Cheers and have a great weekend!
Regina In Pictures

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 12:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots. :-)

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 4:22:00 AM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

These are great shots. The scenery suggests a range of lifestyles experienced down there. So warm, Jim. Thanks!

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 6:49:00 AM, Blogger Jim Klenke said...

great shots, I would love to be there.

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 8:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the saints (Thomas, Johns, Kitts) be praised!! Somewhere in the world it isn't cold and white and thumbing its nose at shovel and plow! Nice going, Jim!

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 2:21:00 PM, Blogger floreta said...

i do like the 2nd picture with the boat. :) happy sky watch.

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Wonderful post! Terrific photography, but the WARM subject is just so inviting!

 
At Friday, January 30, 2009 10:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
These are gorgeous! Someday, I hope to see this area in real life!
(Interesting how blog circles intersect. I believe I first met you on Cliff M's blog long ago. ) I see by the commenters here that there are several who regularly read my blog. (I only joined skywatch about a month ago.) Great idea and site! Looking forward to returning and looking through your archives.

 
At Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just received your response to my comment - It's hard to believe, but we actually had damage in this area from Ike too! My mailbox and part of my fence was destroyed from the wind that uprooted a neighbor's tree, which had fallen over onto my property.
A lot of the ice melted today and what didn't, will tomorrow, because it's suppose to reach almost 50 degrees - what a WARM WELCOME that will be!!!

 
At Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:01:00 PM, Blogger swan said...

love the photos remind me of home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home