Found Stuff from Drawers
A
Gasp and a Half
Twenty-four
hours ago
I
called the IRS
Younger
voice answered me
I had
money to pay 16
Was
told I had to have
an ID
in my file
She
looked to see, was there?
Info
ID needed 20
I
gasped out loud
Of
those I've none . 8
44 words
_ _ _
- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Sanaa and De Jackson for the prompt word, "gasp", at
- Their request is that our quadrille should be exactly 44 words, not including the title and include the word “Gasp” or a derivative of the word.
..
Jim ~ this is so true to life ~ a real slice of human experience...
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
This is incredibly evocative!
ReplyDeleteKind of amazing you actually got a human voice to speak to. 😏
ReplyDeleteSo relatable, I see this happen with Dad and bank-people all the time, that gasp was audible.
ReplyDeleteHappens with everyone at sometime or the other.
ReplyDeleteAah! Don't remind me. I haven't had my run in with them yet, am sorting through papers now! A relatable write.
ReplyDeletePat
Excellent poem.
ReplyDeleteA gasp of a moment, indeed. Yikes!
ReplyDelete