Sunday, July 19, 2026

Rabit in the Garden Patch

“Gardening is not a rational act." by Margaret Atwood is my prompt . . . Why. Why do I not like Like gardening at all Making for wild bunnies Food meant for the table With a hoe cut the weeds Rabbits coming at night Liking carrots and beets Party in lettuce patch And do they eat the weeds Of course they dont want those They like the food we eat But I forgive, Nature's way . . Poem Copyright ©️ Jimmiehov written for Magaly at Poets United

3 Comments:

At Sunday, July 19, 2026 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Why. Why do I not like
Like gardening at all
Making for wild bunnies
Food meant for the table

With a hoe cut the weeds
Rabbits coming at night
Liking carrots and beets
Party in lettuce patch

And do they eat the weeds
Of course they dont want those
They like the food we eat
But I forgive, Nature's way
. .
Poem Copyright ©️ Jimmiehov written for Magaly at Poets United
.Jim at 7/19/2026 07:33:00 PM
..

 
At Sunday, July 19, 2026 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Pesky little devils but they are fun to watch and you are spot on with “natures way”.

 
At Monday, July 20, 2026 2:58:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, sounds like it's best to resign yourself, and enjoy what they contribute to your garden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home