Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome to Richmond, Texas

[click on picture for a full screen view]

[click here for a glorious large view of the signs]

Note: this blog finally hit the 1000 mark on my SiteMeter today


These are about half of the signs we encountered on Texas Highway 36, nearing Richmond (link) and Rosenberg (link), Texas.

There are a couple of things wrong with taking a ride this way. First, everything is flat as a pancake around. There isn't a hill for over 80 miles, and that is north.

Second, we could not admire the scenery for the trees signs. These were only half of the signs but the light turned green before we could take the picture so we got too close to get the other half.

Take a good look? One day this intersection ...

Do you think I ought to receive an advertising payment for getting this glorious intersection on the World Wide Web?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, August 20, 2007 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you've had success on cruises and tours. I think we are just too much free spirits to be held down to a schedule. We have a travel trailer, and that's how we enjoy going.

Love you road signs!!

 
At Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:51:00 AM, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jim ~ Congratulations on both 1000 site hits and the trip to Richardson TX. By the way, thanks to your last comment on my last Getty Villa post, I put a link to some more pictures of the place as a "P.S." to the post. You can just click on it and check out some more of the place. ~ jb///

 
At Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask, and then let us know what they say. THAT should be interesting.

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

People there are SERIOUS about advertising!
I don't like the fact that there are no trees. I love trees and water. Give me some trees and some water, and I'm a happy camper.
By putting that photo on your blog, you are giving all those businesses free advertising. You are so generous. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home