| This 1998 Mustang GT Convertible, my retirement present to me in 2001 [click picture for larger viewing] |
Mustang Music
We go purring down the road
That's me and my Mustang
Mustang's a classic this year
Born Nineteen-ninety-eight 18
Sings sixties and seventies
Classic rock she does choose
Music to our ears she purrs
Top down and throttle too 20
Dylan, Beatles, ZZTop,
More, bellowing non-stop 6
44 Words
_ _ _ - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Linda Lee Lyberg at dVerse Quadrille #170 at
- Linda's request is that our quadrille should be exactly 44 words, not including the title and include the word “Music” or a derivative of the word.
- To read our group's efforts, go here,
- The car had 49K miles when I got it, now has 106K. The mirrors vibrate with classic rock music playing very loud.
Classic rock is music to the ears. Love this one Jim.
ReplyDeleteWhat memories. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteNIce car and poem.
ReplyDeleteArcadia Maria
nice retirement present - There is a sense of freedom driving while listening to music. - Truedessa
ReplyDeletehow fun! I'm jealous, Jim!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
The best kind of music to have in a car, Jim!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem and a fantastic car! When my husband and I got married, we drove away in his white 1964 Mustang.
ReplyDeleteThat is damned beautiful Jim, great ride! I like the way you use the speeds in your poem well written.
ReplyDeleteExcellent, Jim. I have to wonder what else we share a taste in. :-)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely classic :) (AJ)
ReplyDeleteMusic and cars move in tandem...
ReplyDeleteJim, they used to build cars with real character -- and affordable! Mustang was one of my favorites back in the day. So cool you have one. Neat Q.
ReplyDeleteAs a car-free person, I LOVE this insight into why people cling to their cars.
ReplyDeleteI don't know, I just never have bonded with one.