![]() |
On my way
I'm flying my way to eternity
God furnished this silver beast of the sea
I'm passing over where I had used to live
Now high in the sky not allowed to dive
That means there really is no turning back
Peered into my tube those behind I see
Distant relatives not waving at me
They've decided to stay and not to go
Another winter stay--play in the snow
Fearful and masked for them it's too late now
Some are trying to come up anyhow
Their future I don't know--for sure they'll bow
They've waded in the pond to have a dip
Saw sister doing--saw sense not a bit
Friend Peter at the door--he has the key
Others struggling like scare crows they can't move
Stuck in the ground to ride their earthly poles
Wings won't fly that way--only to the east
Their need like sister's silver flying beast
Stuck tied to the ground will never get loose
The forest gives those with a light the creeps
Worms are scurrying underground to hide
Wait until dawn try the problem to find
Darkness--Moon, Sun, and shining light go out
Masses crowd into the hall--push and shove
Safety inside? This isn't really right
Outside there seems to be no help or light
Friend Peter minds the door--he has the key
Emptied by beasts--they've silver wings and gills
We're going to Peter, man with the keys
_ _ _
- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved
- Pictures and Photo furnished by Carrie Van Horn for our inspiration at the Sunday Muse #247,
..



This would make a wonderful continued story Jim! A life passing to the other side. Wonderful writing my friend!
ReplyDeleteThis was interesting--the dual sense of dread and escape reminded me of being a child and not having much control over circumstances.
ReplyDeleteGreat how you weaved the story :) (AJ)
ReplyDeleteYou themed death throughtout. Its amazing how you responded to all the images
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday
Much❤love
I want a flying fish I can ride!
ReplyDeleteA story well told, Jim!
ReplyDelete