![]() |
| Devon Aoki by Mikael Jansson |
I was calm
it was calm
beautiful sunny morning
eating grass and
once in a while
scratching my ear
seems I'd done this
near every day of my life
Contentment
surrounded me
my mother had
taught me well
cows and horses
were my friends
the pigs leave them alone
they group together
have a life of their own
Dogs
dogs were different
to them you are prey
a real meal treat
raw and bloody
unlike the
two legged folk who
take you in
bake your brains
my mother taught me well
choose my friends
with care mind my
surroundings
Different
differently
this day started
I stopped munching
wet grass wouldn't last
groups of folk
riding horses
horses my friends
but not today
captive and submissive
to leather and whips
And
the dogs
pretty ones
hounds of a kind
finding a bunny
bunny rabbit like me
it was me
chasing me in circles
closer and closer
to tragedy
I had to run
to where there
was no end
Friend
my friend
they'd shot him dead
laying there in the grass
I was to be next
| Backyard Bunny Rabbit at Peace ©Jimmiehov 2016 |
Broke
somehow
I'd broken away
out of my circle
I ran and hopped
this way gun in hand
how did that get there
could I shoot it
with my small
paw
Why
_ _ _
- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved
- Side Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2016, All Rights Reserved
- Photo with others to choose from Carrie at the Sunday Muse #245 at
- Note, 223 words used for this write of a Maximum of 369 allowed, always now
..

This is so creative. I love the ending:
ReplyDelete"could I shoot it
with my small
paw"
Nice channeling of the bunny. Probably a good thing the gun won't fit into its little paw.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the fantastical nature of this Jim… 🙂✌🏼
ReplyDeleteLove the way you present it from the rabbit's perspective. Yes, they have their way of defence which were taught well by the mother. All the while they appear defenceless, not so! Well thought out Dr Jim!
ReplyDeleteHank
Luv the quiz mood of your poem. I was trying to guess which animal from each verse until you revealed in the 'bunny' verse.
ReplyDeleteHappy you dropped by my blog. Good Sunday to you.
Much❤love
That escalation was a ride.
ReplyDeleteFrom Helen ~~~ next time I will pay more attention to your title ~~ bunny was low on my list of possible targets! LOL
ReplyDeleteLove the imagination used with this one just perfect :)
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! Imagining armed rabbits was a wild concept.
ReplyDeletePowerful and sad, especially the ending
ReplyDelete