HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
empty heads will not count
clip from your paper
lots of paper dolls you can make
almost a dozen from only one page
in paper doll contests you might win
make them slim, make them pretty,
Remember childhood days
empty bellies do not count
kindergarten days rekindled
invest in rounded point scissor cutters
no one cares if you act senile today
don't you know its New Year's Day
let them laugh the laughs on them
early childhood memories coming forth,
another plight you'll buy
nothing counts from them
dare acting senile today
Reserve the time wisely
emptied hearts try to count
better filled with childhood dreams paper dolls
ignore the hoots they don't know
right from left hasn't registered
tonight new birth you will have
hoot and holler and scream like the kid you be
_ _ _
- Magaly wishes to see us into the new year with our next prompt: Reclaim, Rekindle, Rebirth for Friday Writing #58 at,
..
Nice acrostic poem Jim I used to love making dolls and houses out of paper. You and Mrs Jim have a great 2023
ReplyDeleteWhat great advice! The world might be a much better place if we all made sure to keep alive the innocent fun of childhood.
ReplyDeleteI've never cut dolls from newspaper but now I know I will try!! Keep the inner kid alive!! Happy new year, Jim.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful message, and so freeing, because it is never too late to let loose and enjoy the silly side of life. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so using my scissors lately with my collages! I connect to this poem and the inner child and all the memories! A thought-filled poem to start off the new year.
ReplyDeleteCutting paper dolls and snowflakes. I remember well these flights of fancy.
ReplyDeleteI love of the thought of remembering childhood days... 🥰
ReplyDeleteWhat a very clever take on the prompt! My paper dolls were terrible, never connected!
ReplyDeleteWonderful take on this prompt, Jim. Ambitious, and wise.
ReplyDeleteClever wordplay! Do you really do paper dolls? I've kept a collection, though I don't open the box every year...
ReplyDelete