Monday, May 09, 2022

The Walk -- A Piece of Prose for dVerse

Walking Slowly

    Walking slowly along the ledge, a feeling of despair was heavily upon him. She had gone, he knew not where. Just that she was gone. Summer was coming early this year, not much left of spring.

    “'For how can I be sure I shall see again? The world on the first of May would come' * and go again, much like the last. I'm not a loner, got to have some company along life's way. Everything is a blur unless I have company. And some help, help explaining what I'm seeing.”

    Out of seemingly nowhere a figure comes his way. “She's carrying a big sign, it says 'COMPANY WANTED, I am alone.' 

    My prayers might be answered, Ma'am, may I be the one you were looking for?”

    My name is Leslie, what is yours?”

    I go by Eddy.”

    That will do.” 


NOTE:  * per prompt, exact wording.  See below.

_ _ _ _

    Photo and Writing, except for blurb in italics, Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights reserved.

    - The Words in Italics, 

    For how can I be sure I shall see again The world on the first of May” –From “May Day” by Sara Teasdale, at https://dversepoets.com/2022/05/09/prosery-sara-teasdale-and-may/ were furnished by  by merrildsmith in Prosery at the dVerse writing blog as a prompt for our writing in Prose. Word limit by her instructions is limited to 144, I have exactly 144 words.  
    ..

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 10, 2022 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

Maybe it will be the start of a friendship, if not a romance. 😊 Thank you for participating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home