Friday, May 27, 2022

Cards -- Lost or misplaced?


          Cards; and a friend 

The little old man had fumbling problems 
Now again tonight at the register 
He couldn't seem to get his credit card 
Opened every pocket in his billfold 

It seemed to him a millennium passed 
Actually only a couple minutes 
and then I popped in with help on my mind 
I said to him, "Sir, hope it isn't lost" 

He let me check and sure enough not there 
"Would you please let me pay with mine, please, please"
Said this as I passed the card to the clerk 
He rung it up, "that's called paying ahead" 

"Thank you, thank you Sir" said the little man 
"I've had that done for me, comes in handy,"

Sometimes you gotta accept little helps 
And that little man, that was me one day
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved
 - This week Magaly is inviting us to write poetry or prose inspired by something heartening and unselfish a stranger did for us or for someone else.  Friday Writings #28, 
..

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, May 27, 2022 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Marja said...

aww a sweet act of kindness makes the world the world go round

 
At Friday, May 27, 2022 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Accepting 'little helps' is also a kindness from the recipient to the giver. And indeed, we all may be in that position one day. It's good to give help when we can and accept it when we need it.

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2022 2:31:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Aww, this is so sweet.

much💛love

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2022 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I love random acts of kindness ... they add spice to our lives. I actually performed one today! Had an unused PC Monitor, keyboard and mouse I no longer needed. Listed it on Facebook Marketplace and quickly had a response. She was unable to pick it up promptly, so I drove to her house cross town. With money in hand, she began to give it to me ... I simply said "indulge an 80-year old Lady today, it's my gift." So grateful was she and simply said 'I will pay this forward." And I took my leave.

 
At Monday, May 30, 2022 7:43:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

I've seen this exact thing happen more than once ... the kindness of strangers that gives hope.

 
At Wednesday, June 01, 2022 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

My dearest Jim, this is beautiful. I want a world in which this sort of act is still appreciated, but not rare. Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home