Saturday, May 28, 2022

Alone -- a Dark Poem for The Sunday Muse

  

Home Alone 

I'm here, all alone.  All alone except... 
Except that I do see my provider 
He brings me food and water now and then 
Now and then, because; when I do not know  

When's a nasty word to me, at his call 
He leaves my Cell with me, phone's disabled 
Disabled like I am, my mind is blank 
That's what he tells me, says to say to you 

So if you come then it is, move the wedge 
Wedge is gone, door can open, I'd be free  

 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo choices from Carrie's Prompt, The Sunday Muse #212
 - NOTE:  I will answer your comments if google allows me.  It is making me comment as "anonymous" on the Blogger posts.  Some aren't even allowed.  I will ANSWER to your blog if and when I can.  I can't even leave comments on my own blog.
..

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, May 28, 2022 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

This is sad and heart stirring indeed Jim. At first I thought it was about a pet or dog. I hope the Google sign in issues get resolved soon Jim.

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2022 7:48:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

A harsh piece; there are so many ways to give it form and they all make me sad.

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2022 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Sunita said...

Such poignancy and helplessness in your poem, Jim!

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2022 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Marion Horton said...

Darkness and distress so effectively captured here, Jim.

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2022 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Your write reminds me of all the girls and women captured and held hostage for horrific lengths of time ..... be well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home