Monday, April 25, 2022

The Dream -- NaPoWriMo 2023 Day 25


 Nightmare Lady Beloved

I had this dream last night 
It's a recurring dream 
Always of you my dear 
You come to wreck my head 

Last night you wanted be 
You'd be Queen for a day 
That's it the way it starts 
You'd be boss over me 

I don't like being bossed 
But with you that's okay 
You've a cause to defend 
Worthy of fighting for 

Leaders Nazi type are
Taking your country down
Terrible sounding news 
Trouble she had pronounced 

What to do, what to do 
Quandried head she had made 
We took it by the horns 
Swords and sabres unsleaved  

Grabbed her by her skirt tail 
Flew to the town center 
Uprising taking place 
We swished and swashed heads rolled 

What a mess there was strewn 
Bodies scattered around 
One soldier lived we'd take 
Take him to jail prisoner 

Lifted up fighting still 
Holding out wouldn't go 
With his last gasping breath 
Stabbed us both to our death 

She put on her crown, Queened 
We flew away where safe 
Wait for another night 
Wait for another dream 
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo (read note below) and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022 
 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo Day 25 for the prompt,  https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-five-8/ 
 - The prompt was to write an aisling poem, see the above link
 - I made my own screenshot of the Aisling figure, I found her here, 
..

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home