Thursday, April 28, 2022

The Cat -- NaPoWriMo Day 28 -- a Shape, Shaped, or Concrete Poem

     

                  The Cat in the Window 

                           (an)       (an)
                      (Ear)     (Ear) 
                     in the    window 
                my cat in the window 
          cat in the window looking out 
 (Eye) looking in, out for her friends, birds 
     Birds are singing, cat is smiling applause
       Sits, stares, and smiles for me 
        Smiling at me ready for her food 
     She's smiling at me ready for her meal
 She's smiling at me ready for her tasty meal 
   When it comes she'll jump down to where
    She'll jump down where I am
   (Leg     ) ready for supper now ready to eat, chomp down
   (Leg     ) wants it now ready to eat, chomp, swallow it down 
   (Leg     ) wants it now ready 
  (Foot      ) she'll be saying, "please, please, I want to eat" 
  (Foot      ) she gets her bowl will say  (tail tail tail tail tail tail tail tail) 
"Meow, meow, thank you, thank you" chomp, "Meow, I love you" chomp chomp  "Purr purr  purr   purr    purr     purr      purr       purr        purr . . . " 
   _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 28 for Prompt instructions to write a "concrete poem" which I have always called a "shape or shaped poem", 
 - I am also linked with dVerse, Open Night, with Grace hosting, at
Go there to the Mr. Linky button at the bottom to find other's work
 - The Photo is of Amber, my grand-cat, belonging to our younger daughter, but who had lived with us almost all of her five years while she and family lived in London.  I took this picture from my 2007 posting,
Amber was a nice had.  She died in 2013 at age 19.
..

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, April 29, 2022 5:59:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

It must have been hard to give her up. Our cats have always loved windows, too. 💙

 
At Friday, April 29, 2022 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Love this ... reminding me of my favorite e.e.cummings style.

 
At Friday, April 29, 2022 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Maria L. Berg said...

I really enjoyed the repetition in your poem

 
At Friday, April 29, 2022 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

I do admire the shaped & concrete poem - its a challenge I know. Meow...

 
At Sunday, May 01, 2022 10:02:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh that tail... it speaks so very loud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home