Thursday, December 02, 2021

Friday Writings -- a (strong) secondary character point of view



(Door Knock) 

I am the Raven 
 
in a Poem named after me 
I co-star in Mr. Poe's best seller 

in that setting I was a pest at first 
but soon I became her bosom friend 

even so she never really understood me 
she thought she did, read it yourself, you'll see 

she lost her lover and that was her end 
going bat batty trying for more 

knocks on her Chamber Door 
but "Quoth (me,) Raven
"Nevermore""

persistence 
ends 

but I'll remain 
above her Chamber Door 

haunting her always 
for some more

- - - 
Note:  I have activated my "jim's little Christmas Tree farm" blog posting for this season.  Click this label,  , to have a peek and monitor my progress. 

It has directions to send me a picture of your tree or decorations if you wish.

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rommy at Friday Writings #5 for the prompt idea, she would like for us "to write poetry or prose from the point of view of a secondary character in a story (book, movie, TV show…)",
 - Edgar Allen Poe's poem, "The Raven", can be read here, https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/48860/the-raven 
.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, December 02, 2021 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, seems to me it was a sad fate for Raven as well.

 
At Friday, December 03, 2021 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

Oh this seems so real.. !!

 
At Friday, December 03, 2021 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Great Choice and classic expression.

 
At Friday, December 03, 2021 2:36:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

LOL the haunting made me giggle the toss up between forever more and nevermore.
Nice one

Much💜love

 
At Saturday, December 04, 2021 2:00:00 AM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I honestly think it might be nice to have a raven to chat with, even if he is a bit gloomy.

 
At Saturday, December 04, 2021 7:19:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

Good take on Mr. Poe's poem, and a nice twist to the story.
It seems this raven is enamored with the lady. :)

 
At Saturday, December 04, 2021 3:48:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Nicely toyihg with Poe's "Raven", Jim" One can't help but be drawn in.

 
At Thursday, December 09, 2021 8:13:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Great take on a Poe favorite of mine!

 
At Friday, December 10, 2021 9:14:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Love this personification and the fact that the Raven knows a poem was named after it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home