Friday, November 26, 2021

Friday Writings - Pain is . . .


 Edith 

 

Edith was a girl we all liked 

She has loved chocolate all her life 

A girl who didn't hesitate 

Who always your last bite she ate 


Edith was a girl all were proud 

Mom Dad most,  Grandparents count 

She didn't cuss or kiss the boys 

And helped the little kids play toys 


That was Edith we remember 

To college she went, goodbye her 

Pleasant and eager the school's gain 

Sadly our loss has been our pain 

 - - - 

Pains in your life can come and go and some are here to stay.  They seem to vary in intensity with age, cause and treatment. 

Let me tell you of one of the pains in my life.  After your read you may have guessed more but I think not. 

     An Acrostic:  

PAIN IN THE BUTT 


P ain in the butt 

A lways it hurts 

I s hard to soothe 

N ever pleasant 


I 'm embarrassed 

N o way I tell 


T elling's stupid 

H ere's to silence 

E ver a day 


B ackside is red 

U nder side too 

T elltale bruises 

T hat kick did leave 

 - - - 

When I was around twelve years old a work horse of Dad's kicked me in the back.  Doctor L. made a house call and had me lay on my stomach for a week.  It was terrible pain. 



 - - - 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - Suggested prompt by Magaly of the Friday Writings team, https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/Friday%20Writings?m=1 

 - Magaly would like us to write poetry or prose that explores pain. 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Friday, November 26, 2021 2:42:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ooh, that kick sounds very painful indeed!

 
At Friday, November 26, 2021 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Were you standing up when you wrote your acrostic? :)

 
At Friday, November 26, 2021 1:19:00 PM, Blogger Astrid said...

That acrostic made me laugh a little, even though I imagine it must've hurt very badly to be kicked by that horse.

 
At Friday, November 26, 2021 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Cute, both of them. Pains in our butts... yes, some stay. You can't do much about relatives!

 
At Friday, November 26, 2021 3:08:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Two wonders. The acrostic gave me a giggle

Have a good weekend Jim

Much💛love

 
At Friday, November 26, 2021 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I was sitting in my recliner.
..

 
At Saturday, November 27, 2021 6:26:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

well, children do grow up and leave the house. As for that kick, it must be painful.

 
At Saturday, November 27, 2021 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Kicked by a horse, on the back, at twelve!? Your spine is so lucky, Jim. That is terrifying.

 
At Saturday, November 27, 2021 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

That kick sounds awful.
I developed sciatica when I was working as a waitress. I needed time off but went straight to work from that job into my job as a nursing assistant. Eventually, the sciatica became so bad that I could hardly bear weight on my right leg and couldn't even roll out of bed without screaming. It took about three months for it to resolve enough that I wasn't in constant pain.

 
At Sunday, November 28, 2021 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

The pain of absence. I feel that one having my first head of to school this last fall. I liked your acrostic very much. Horses have a mean back leg.

 
At Sunday, November 28, 2021 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I too had a terrible pain so bad that I couldn't sit, even when getting up out of bed I had to hold myself up with both hands holding me up off the bed. Turns out I had a crushed disc in my lower back but was discovered so quickly that a surgeon could with an inflated ballon get it pushed back into a semblance of the original shape and held while he injected bone cement and filled. That was in 2013 and it hasn't hurt since.
..

 
At Tuesday, November 30, 2021 8:49:00 AM, Blogger J M Beames said...

Corporal punishment is such a pain in the butt as well.
Pain of loss, worth remembering but always seeking to forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home