Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday Write - High School Stuff

[Our new Badge for our "Friday Writings" entries.  Designed by Magaly]

  English 10 


English 10 for my senior year 

Tenth grade teacher ordered wrong books 

My grade twelve I sat with sophomores 

Intense grammar, composition 


First year for teaching 

was "Miss P"  

I was her pet, suited me fine 

What I remembered wasn't much,  

"if I chewed gum then give her some" 


Infatuation was not shown 

Four years older than me her pet 

But did I learn what I was taught

College Comp 1 and 2--comped out 

 - - - 

 - Prose Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021. All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked with Rommy for the inspiration hint, see below, at the Friday Writings #2, at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/11/friday-writings-2-always-learning.html?m=1 

 - Rommy has suggested that we use a subject studied in school as inspiration, tickle our Muse, for writing this week.  I liked them all except for Math Statistics which needed a better refreshing of my Calculus.  

 - I chose Sophomore English which was delightful to me.  In college most of my writing papers received an "A", "B" was the lowest paper grade I received.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, November 12, 2021 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Graham Lester said...

Extra marks for being on topic. The lesson about sharing your gum with the people in charge shouldn't be necessary, strictly speaking, but it's still a useful one to bear in mind.

 
At Friday, November 12, 2021 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Four years ~~~ is nothing in matters of infatuation! Happy Weekend.

 
At Friday, November 12, 2021 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah yes, for some of us who excel at English, maths (and particularly statistics) is a very different story. Never mind, if I could choose, I'd still pick words over numbers.

 
At Friday, November 12, 2021 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I tested out of basic college English with no problem. Sometimes I think doing so was my only real accomplishment during my checkered years of higher education.

 
At Friday, November 12, 2021 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

It's awkward for new teachers to teach students so close to their own age! At least you didn't get distracted too much to learn.

 
At Saturday, November 13, 2021 8:03:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Young school marms are attracted to young boys in these times. Love the give me some gum line.

 
At Saturday, November 13, 2021 8:57:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

Kudos to you for not being distracted.
I had some young teachers when I was in secondary school ( i think equivalent to your high school), but i was really struggling with my lessons, and not because of those young teachers. :)

 
At Saturday, November 13, 2021 1:18:00 PM, Blogger  said...

“if I chewed gum then give her some" ... What a great rule!

Awesome on getting ahead!

 
At Monday, November 15, 2021 6:48:00 PM, Blogger phillip woodruff (jalopy dreams) said...

"i brought my pencil... give me something to write on" i remember being hot for a few of my teachers, made learning fun! enjoyed your poem jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home