Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Weekly Scribblings -- what is seen?

its mine 

It's mine the little one hollered 
My rich uncle gave it to me
For me to have all for myself 

These words he said to me to you 
Haha haha I've got it now 
Play in the dirt the sand is mine 

All mine to have go find your own 

 - - - 

arrogance learned; aged, carries on  

The fields are mine better than yours 
The trees the lands the factories too 
All toys for boys not sissie girls 

My skin is light that gives me rights 
Harvard I've been I have you've not  
Money for me go earn your own 

Your houses burned leave mine alone 

  - - - 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rosemary in the Writer's Pantry for Weekly Scribblings #77 at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/07/weekly-scribblings-77-boiling-over.html?m=1 
 - Rosemary has invited us to "create poetry or prose using Rob Kistner’s phrase “Human arrogance is boiling over” as inspiration. We aren’t required to use the actual words. But if we do, we should credit them to Rob on a footnote." 
 - I am using a Sevenling poem form which seemed to work for this writing (about the Sevenling poem form).

.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 07, 2021 6:41:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, human arrogance takes so many forms!

 
At Wednesday, July 07, 2021 6:55:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Selfishness is a unpleasant human trait encouraged by greed and others misfortune.

 
At Wednesday, July 07, 2021 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, this is spot on! Arrogance learned / tolerated at an early age is damaging ... long lasting.

 
At Wednesday, July 07, 2021 2:37:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

Ain’t it the truth Jim — “mine!” Begets the majority of evil in this world.

 
At Thursday, July 08, 2021 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

What Rob said!

Also, the childish tone is so very fitting.

 
At Thursday, July 15, 2021 7:29:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Well Done, Jim! Arrogance can begin at a frighteningly early age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home