Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Sunday Muse -- "Mom's"

      "Moms"; a letter 

 AJ, I like your "Mom" poem. Sooo many moms in this world cry a tear for their sons. Right now, this instant they are, oodles of them. 

Forgive me, I think of the time Mom found a cigarette lighter in my pocket while she was hanging up my pants. I know she had a tear, or two for me. Nothing was ever said but she had traded my lighter for a note, left in my pocket. 

Just now I brushed away a 'dry tear' for my mom, twenty-two years since she died.  

I hope some of my kids, and some of the grands, will have a 'dry tear' for me now and then when I'm gone.  That will be soon I suppose. 

 - - - - 

 - BTW AJ, most in the Muse comments section are wishing they could find the key to your comments, they'd liked to have left one for you. 

 - Prose Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - Linked to The Sunday Muse, at http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/07/the-sunday-muse-170.html?m=1 and 

  - to AJ at https://prodigalthoughts.com/contact/?contact-form-id=27&contact-form-sent=138&contact-form-hash=8bd2c192eed12aabcc7e3ab8333536fdb494c18a&_wpnonce=cc51d7c297#contact-form-27  and 

  - his poem, https://prodigalthoughts.com/2021/07/26/124/ 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

This is sad and beautiful Jim. I am sure your family will miss you dearly when you are gone.

 
At Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, I cannot fathom a world without you in it .... I also had a strong reaction to AJ's poem .... I held my Mother in my arms as she passed. A tiny tear trickled from the corner of her eye which I touched and rubbed together with mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home