Monday, April 12, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 12 - A Late Night Rendezvous

 


Aircabs* get you there fast 


My ride was uneventful 

until the giant flying goose 

 caught with us.  He 

grabbed our Aircab in his 

beak and tucked it beneath 

 his tail. 


He flew us fast and in a 

furious manner.  Not much 

 traffic on that night.  His 

way was paved by a bribe, 

the guy flying the GooseNeck  

would not be disturbed. 

When we arrived the truck 

 was already there, "candy" 

 and other cargo for us and 

 the Goose driver.  


We took the candy, smokes, 

and something really good for 

me.  It was a 1908 copy of  the 

"New American Encyclopedia of 

Social and Commercial Information." 

  

The book will open doors 

into a new world where 

I never could go. 

It has an article, 

"The Violin Self-Taught", 

which will give me a new 

skill and a new career. 


Then I will seek out 

the big cities with 

symphony orchestras at which 

I  can use my talents.  

An enjoyable life then will 

be affordable for me. 


And best of all my candy 

and smokes will be handy there.  

Which means no more 

nighttime stealthy rendezvous. 


- - - 

 - Poem and Photos Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - The top photo shows three of the toy truck, cars, and traveling devices that I keep in line to race on my dresser top.  The bottom photo is of a card for purchase at our older Walmart store.

 - I am linked to NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 12 for the writing prompt and for registration of my writing there,   https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twelve-9/ 

 - * Notes: 

   1)  The prompt was to find an interesting word in the Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction from which I used the word, "Aircab", first used in 1934.  That is about the vintage of my yellow and black Toy Taxi.  

   2)  Also I should use one word from , but my cell phone, an older Galaxy 8 did not have enough memory to hold the needed upload.  So, since I have a 1908 copy of  the "New  American Encyclopedia of Social and Commercial Information" I used the article, "The Violin Self-Taughtstarting on page 808.    

   3)  Mrs. Jim has a spare violin, if the arthritis in my hands can let me work it I may give the article a try.  I have taken two semesters of college Class Piano so some things may come back to me.


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 13, 2021 8:06:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I am fine .. just seriously missing hugs and visits from family and friends ‘round the country.

Again, you have produced a wonderfully conceived poem. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home