Saturday, January 16, 2021

Sunday Muse Story --- The Dance


 
Look'n Back; to see if ... 

The music was playing, a bouncy tune that we all knew.  But I was alone sitting in a chair against the wall.  Most had emptied their chairs and were paired up on the dance floor.

Couples all, jumping, swirling, twirling and bowing.  Boys with girls, girls with girls, a few boys with boys, and a few girls had picked boys.  But I was alone sitting in my chair. 

Good time for me to hit the ladies room, and let tears fall on my sleeve.  As I neared the door I passed a booth with one fellow sitting there alone.  He was sipping his drink, it looked like a Coke, and stirring it with the straw. 

As I was passing by I looked down to look him over, and then he looked up.  I think I slightly smiled and deliberately slowed my pace.   Nothing transpired and the door was near.  

One last glance back to the booth.  To my surprise the guy was up and fast walking my way.   Then I felt a touch on my shoulder and I stopped. 

As I turned, he said to me, "It would be a shame if this neat song went to waste for us.  May I have this dance with you?"

The rest is our history.  Only my diary knows all my secrets.
 _ _ _ 

 - My youngest grandaughter, age eleven, composed and choreographed a dance routine similar to this story, including the backwards look near her end.  Hers had the pair meeting, then dancing and bowing until the near separation.  I have forgotten the tune she used, playing it from her iPhone.  KUDOs to her.   
 - Story Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Fireblossom for this week's picture prompt, The Sunday Muse # 143,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/01/sunday-muse-143.html?m=1 
 ÷ The photo is of Tracey Powers as Mary Pickford 
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, January 17, 2021 8:08:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice one Jim. Her diary entry maybe started like "it all started on the dance floor"

HAPPY SUNDAY

much love...

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 8:12:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Love the fic & the notes. Oh, the drama. :)

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Thanks for being part of Muse this week, Jim.

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 9:58:00 AM, Blogger qbit said...

"the rest is history" leaves us wanting so much more!

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Love it... May her diary reveal more secrets. :)

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Beautiful story perfect match to the image and the added note is sweet. Lovely Jim!!

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 11:34:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

I love a happy ending!

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, you paint a most accurate picture of dances in those days. I have had to 'hide out' in the ladies room a few times. Happy Sunday.

 
At Sunday, January 17, 2021 3:37:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

and I am sure that diary has more of the story.

 
At Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:21:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

How lovely, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home