Sunday, December 06, 2020

A Poem for the Sunday Muse -- Deserted



Needs of an abandoned home 


Order me a bucket of paint 

And a quart of wood stain 

Make my house look so nice 


Some pink gingham curtains 

Shades to pull keep out the bright sun

Rugs beds and furniture 


Air conditioner and stove 

Food in the pantry 

Soup cereal flour 

Coffee and sugar 


That'll start us a home 


Or I'll stay here alone 

Sleep in the corner 

Under some blankets from my cart

That I found by the road 

Then I'll keep warm 


If, until, when you come 


What is the dog doing now, on the right? . .... . . [large picture] [extra large]
.


 _ _ _ _ 


 - Poem and Photo  Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2020 and 2010, All Rights Reserved 

 - I'm linked with the Sunday Muse # 137 for the top Photo Inspiration,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/12/sunday-muse-137.html?m=1

8 Comments:

At Sunday, December 06, 2020 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Yes an abandoned home can be sad like a homeless person. Great take on the image Jim! Hope all is well with you these days.

 
At Sunday, December 06, 2020 10:44:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Oh, this...just heartwrenching. All the simple details are perfect.

 
At Sunday, December 06, 2020 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

The pink gingham curtains GOT me .... can tell you are waiting for Ms. Jim.

 
At Sunday, December 06, 2020 1:11:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

"If, until, when you come"...

 
At Sunday, December 06, 2020 7:32:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

No AC, no sugar ... then I might consider it.

 
At Sunday, December 06, 2020 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Ha
I put half a small cylinder of brown sugar in my latte but can't remember spooning granulated. AC we need even in winter on some days. Not last week.
..

 
At Sunday, December 06, 2020 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I could make a home anywhere....and have done in the 40-odd moves i've made in my life. Smiles.

 
At Thursday, December 10, 2020 7:58:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

"If, until, when you come" . . .

That touched my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home