Saturday, July 13, 2019

Trinket -- an Acrostic Poem 

Trinket 

Trinket of mine you are
Right from the very start 

I knew you'd be for me 
No one finer I'd see 

Keeping score these ten years 
Every day calmed my fears 

Trinket to me you are 
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
  - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/07/just-one-word-trinket.html?m=1
 - Update Noon, July 14.  YOU were correct if you sensed trouble with the last two lines. That part is NOT us, Mrs. Jim and I have been married 46 years since last February.  47th honeymoon this Fall?

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, July 13, 2019 9:57:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, sweet! And I'm sure you are equally treasured.

 
At Saturday, July 13, 2019 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Some trinkets aren't treasures - others are treasures we don't let go of! Obviously she's your treasure :)

 
At Sunday, July 14, 2019 2:53:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

A sweet acrostic and proof that trinkets can be kept for ever.

 
At Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:08:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Let's hope she has a trinket of you too. Now where is her poem of you?!

 
At Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:20:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

One can't imagine! A loved one can often appear to be taken for granted that one just seems to be unfair to her presence. It is often a fault of familiarity that clouds the mind.

Hank

 
At Sunday, July 14, 2019 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Awwww... but that last line gives me a little pause. I'm thinking a bit like Hank, maybe this familiarity is causing the bloom to fade from the rose? I hope not.

 
At Sunday, July 14, 2019 11:56:00 AM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Good job Jim@

 
At Monday, July 15, 2019 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I was reading AWWWW so sweet, until your last line threw me. Maybe your trinket turned to gold. :)

 
At Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Thanks, guys. I changed my last word from were to are. It now fits the poem's tense. I really did mean 'were' but to make it right with Gramar I would have to have a transition line or two.
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home