Tuesday, June 25, 2019

A Poem for The Tuesday Platform

I came early


I came early that's been my life
The dew was still on the grass
When my momma made her egg
Special egg didn't take long

Egg soon was found early too
Made alive and I was born
Smiling, eight months and I came
Crooked leg and squinty eye

Early kid I grew so fast
Don't remember much about
Growing up there on a cloud
Or in a hole under ground

Few things I do remember
Model A Ford package shelf
Ride to Grandma's to wash clothes
And tell Grandma what I knew

My dog died when I was six
Love life before fertile ways
Early teen age eleven
Squinty kid was smart in school

Laughing mother broom in hand
Laughed and chased me out of house
This poem has got me to here
Life Number One lived, early
_ _ _

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-tuesday-platform_25.html?m=1
 - Open Tuesday is not prompted, this little Bio could start again at my age fourteen. Maybe it will another Tuesday when I wake and can't sleep at 4AM, early.  Oh yes, it's mostly true. But does anyone care?
.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:01:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a very eager and happy poem.

 
At Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I always love poems that look back at a poet's childhood......I can see you, Jim!

 
At Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such an evocative write, Jim!❤️

 
At Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:14:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

My hubby was a preemie too. They're feisty ones! ;)

 
At Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:07:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

When you look back at the time we were born... so much has changed... things like the second world war seems like old history now, and when i was born it was quite recent.

 
At Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:58:00 PM, Blogger iamthewalrus said...

such a nice cheerful happy tale

 
At Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Wow, you packed a lot into a short poem / short section of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home