Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A Tuesday Thinking Poem

It's Gone Away

What would it take
to reclaim a dollar misspent

Gone forever
Dollar for folly gone astray

It's on my mind
can't get it off how hard I try

Haunts me at night
in the dark it keeps me from sleep

And in the day
thoughts of that buck haunt me at work

Errant money
I'd rather have thrown it away

Than now to know
out there somewhere wasting away

Seed desert sown
will never take root sprouts will dry

Like a lost pup
Puppy do you thirst do you eat

Never come back
wishing for new love hold you tight

Wolves devour
they could care less fill their bellies

Dollar astray
never to come back not forgot

Do you hunger
do you miss me like I miss you

Always thinking
always wonder where are you now
_ _ _

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-tuesday-platform_28.html?m=1
 - Sanaa found us a poem where the writer is lamenting the fate of a lost kiss, this will be my answer, [To Find A Kiss Of Yoursby Federico García Lorca - 1898-1936
 - What are your thoughts?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:40:00 AM, Blogger iamthewalrus said...

sad, good imagery

 
At Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

As someone with type 2 bipolar disorder, spending while in a hypomanic state before I was correctly diagnosed (which didn't happen until I was almost 40 years old) is something that I'm still making reparations for, and I don't think I'll ever be done. My OCD (yes, I actually do have OCD, I'm not using the term in a flippant way) compounds the anger I feel at myself because I keep replaying over and over in my head the mistakes I made.

 
At Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Misspent money and misspent youth are things we can never get back, Jim. I like the sound of the alliterative ‘dollar for folly’ and I know the feeling of being haunted by something that’s gone. ‘Errant money’ makes it sound as if the money got up and walked away.

 
At Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh the looking back! "with rue my heart is laden", lol....the real estate that slipped through my fingers that would have made me a rich woman. Gah. Who knew, back then, how crazy-high prices would get?

 
At Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

No matter the deceitfulness of youth - it's from mistakes we learn...and it can be counted as adventure, anyway :)

 
At Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:39:00 PM, Blogger signed...bkm said...

so fast so lost once gone...i think as we get older we have to much time to think about it...better to stay young forever and ever and ever...bkm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home