Friday, December 28, 2018

My Monkey Solaces Me -- a Thursday Poem for you

 
When things aren't write

There's sometimes my monkey around
He solaces me* when I'm low

Like "if you're going to talk with him,
the monkey, please do it in there
But if you want to talk with me,
then please do it in here"
 
Or when I'm late for our supper,
"the whole world is waiting for you"
I'll put the blame on the monkey
Beats "the Devil made me"
 
And if I come home with some dents
"It happened in the parking lot
while I was shopping.  Witness said
Monkey driver hit me"
 
I think my wife knows what I do
and plays my game along with me
After all I don't beat her or
make her feel bad at all
 
Well, I forgot the favorite here
At our place there's always gravy
on my chin.  Or on the grand kids'
The monkey slobbers too
  _ _ _ _
 
- Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved -- Pictures of Nature's doings also bring solace
 - I'm linked with Margaret in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/12/artistic-interpretations-with-margaret.html 

 - Margaret said she was "sitting (with other poetry writers) in a room surrounded with displayed art, it is truly a creative environment.  Each month the venue has new local talent displayed and often the art work is for sale.  I fell in love with these alcohol inks and I hope you find inspiration in them as well."  I have posted my ScreenPrint copies of her finds here. [Click them for large]
 - Readers here will find ten more of the pictures at her link above.  (An aside, I stopped at the Michael's Store here and found the shelves empty where the alcohol inks were supposed to be.  I think we all might do art with this method.  There is even a YouTube on line showing how to do it right.)

* https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/solace

Definition of solace. (Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to give comfort to in grief or misfortune : console.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, December 28, 2018 5:07:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

You are monkeying around again are you Jim? I bet the grandkids love you.

 
At Friday, December 28, 2018 1:54:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

We need to have a little monkey every now and then...

 
At Friday, December 28, 2018 3:04:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Funny poem.

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2018 8:08:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

I have heard, "It's not my circus, not my monkey." Instead, you say, it is always, "My monkey." Good to have someone to lay the guilt on....enjoyed your poem.

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2018 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh I love your title.. and I love the poem!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2018 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

This art with alcohol inks is gorgeous - sold out shelves in your area? Yes, I might give it a try. The "monkey" is adorable ... keep using him :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home