Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Coming fast -- a Humbug Poem



Humbug

Christmas is coming fast
Faster than this man wants 

Less a week away
Stores marking down wares

My list is short this year
Since you have left my heart
 
Ho ho ho ho ho Scrooge
had it right all along 

Tiny Tim come rescue 

me
_ _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2008 and 2018 respectivelly, All Rights Reserved 
 - The picture is of daughter Karen's cat, Amber. It was sleeping on her bed, just minding it's own business.  I posted it in 2008, she has since died (link).
 - I'm linked with Vivian Zems in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-tuesday-platform_18.html?m=1
 - One more time again this obviously isn't really me, I always look forward to Christmas. And I've been happily married for a long time. I have, though, experienced this episode I wrote of, in another life. It's the pits being alone on Christmas.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I'm behind on returning comments. I do convent them on mine and I am trying to return all the nice ones from the post before.
Thank you now.
(Obviously this isn't really me again, I always look forward to Christmas. And I've been happily married for a long time. I have experienced this episode I wrote of though, in another life. It's the pits being alone on Christmas.)
..

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Smiles. At this stage of my life, Jim, I just enjoy the lights of Christmas, opt out of all the chaos, sip my Bailey's and let it all pass by. I am moved by the line "my list is short this year since you have left my heart." Sad. I am missing Pup today.

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 12:17:00 PM, Blogger  said...

I'm so glad this is only fiction. :)

~lemon skates

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:22:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Christmas can be a hard time of year for many reasons, especially when we have lost loved ones furry or not.

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Phew! Perceptions change depending on our experiences. I, too, am glad that this is only fiction... or not...?

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

"My list is short this year since you left my heart" rings true for me this year but I'm happy this is only fiction here.

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

Ah, this is bitter-sweet, in how you've created this background for any Scrooge. Because there's most often some underlying reason for that. Well penned. :-)

 
At Friday, December 21, 2018 2:56:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

So many items on offer these days that one finds it difficult not to make any purchase at all! To check on fakes in our part of the world though!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home