Monday, October 05, 2015

Destiny, my fate, my fortune ~~ A Flash 55 Poem for you


Destiny

Good Fortune came my way
Courted her, dined her well
She smiled on me, cash cow

Bright teeth, shining pearls
Little did I know then
Those teeth inside her smile

Better to bite my butt
Kick me hard, I did fall
Fickle woman, my Fate

Promised the Moon I was
selenolatry me,

Lost my all
_ _ _

Poem copyright 2015, Jimmiehov, All rights reserved

Today I am linked with Kerry O'Conner at Flash 55 Plus,
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2015/10/flash-55-plus.html

After reading or listening to Carl Orff' O Fortunata, we are to compose a poem of exactly fifty-five words telling what came to mind. I have 55 words including my title.

Carl's composure, translated into English, may be seen here:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/o-fortuna-o-fortune.html

Selenolatry:  Moon lover

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, October 05, 2015 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

What an excellent poem, Jim. Never trust the fickle nature of fate, indeed.

 
At Monday, October 05, 2015 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Fate is sometime very cruel. Good write.

Thanks for visiting.

 
At Monday, October 05, 2015 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ah. Fate has a way of kicking when one is down particularly! Or when one is up! You've captured that here. (I am glad that I think this poem is largely fictional.) k.

 
At Monday, October 05, 2015 1:54:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Sounds like a most excellent way of falling.. sometimes fate smile with a blessed fortuna.

 
At Monday, October 05, 2015 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Marian said...

Oy, that's a hard fall.

 
At Monday, October 05, 2015 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Nicely said. (I'm a selenolatrist myself! ;) But so far, so good.)

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2015 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

She CAN lure us in... I love her description...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home