Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Was it real? -- a Tuesday Platform Challenge poem inspired by Poe

I had a dream, or was it real 
You slipped away without a kiss 
Is this the way that we should part 
Did you carry a bit of me 
A piece of my heart you might keep 
A grain like sand stuck to your foot 

When I waken will you be here 
Head on my pillow like before 
If I changed my dream you'd be there 
I'll not brush your feet if you've stayed 
Those sandy feet, one has a grain 
that could be me, piece of my heart 
_ _ _

Poem and Photo Copyright
© 2015 and 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


Today I'm linked with Kerry O'Conner at withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-tuesday-platform_14.html 
Kerry related to Edgar Allen Poe's poem, Dream within a dream, and suggested as an optional challenge to write our thoughts after reading it. Mine is here.
You can read Poe's dream poem here. www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/237388. Please do

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:52:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

We often have dreams which seem so real.. Excellent write :)

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the love that emanates from this piece. You are a true romantic, Jim! have a wonderful Tuesday!

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Vinay Leo R. said...

This feels very real. Like Sanaa says, these dreams do happen. Nicely written indeed. :)

Leo @ I Rhyme Without Reason

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

I had a dream so real last night. I heard Raf calling me. I answered aloud - twice! It woke me up. Don't remember the dream, though!

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This is quite a mystical poem, Jim. The questioning tone raises some questions about a possible back story.

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:07:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Poe inspired you well! This is lovely, Jim, and a bit of a departure from your usual style (which I also like very much, btw).

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:43:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

This is a very sweet poem--a new favorite of yours - they are many sweet, but this has a kind of vulnerability that works super well. Thanks. k.

 
At Wednesday, July 15, 2015 5:02:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

This is great, Jim. I just love it, love. It perfectly describes loss, the aching of loss. Love.

 
At Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Cool!

Thanks for visiting.

 
At Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Cressida de Nova said...

A poem about love and loss. Enjoyed it !

 
At Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:17:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

luv your little smiling bee; and your spelling of such delights on awakening from dreamland

im happy you dropped by my blog verses and left your thoughts
my night poem is #94 at the blog - Wednesday July8th

http://myblog-verses.blogspot.com/2015/07/94.html

much love...

 
At Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

That imagery of the bit of your heart being of no more consequence than a stray bit of sand - heartbreaking.

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2015 11:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim, just dropping in to say hi. Been a long time since I've read one of your delightful poems. I'm kind of getting back into it since One Single Impression out. Wondering if anyone else is doing these kind of prompts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home