Sunday, June 21, 2015

I once had a dog named Adi -- here is an English Ode or similar poem


Ode to my underwear drawer
 
Oh drawer mine, extraordinary
Holder of all my most intimate wear
Socks 'n P J's too, most ordinary
Intimates hard to tell, I could not bear

Shorts and briefs, they covered my private parts
So near to me yet unmentionable
My prized attributes, they would never tell

Nestled deep, poised to hide David's fine arts
Leaking out, became inevitable
Blushing bride, blushing me.  Tolled wedding bells

_ _ _ _
 
Photos and Poem copyright 2015,
© jimmiehov, all rights reserved


Today I am linked with Manicddaily, aka Karin Gustafson, at her Garden challenge post, Sunday Mini-Challenge - Ode to the Quotidian  

Quotidian is an adjective meaning found in the ordinary course of events
The poem, an ABABCDECDE poem, English ode, is dedicated to my (could it be yours?) underwear drawer and its contents.
 

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, June 21, 2015 1:22:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ah we both went to our underwear. Maybe it's something about us men that we have with underwear.

 
At Sunday, June 21, 2015 5:56:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Excellent write :D

 
At Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:30:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

How neat, smiles ~ They are definitely hiding all our secrets & David's fine arts ~

 
At Sunday, June 21, 2015 7:34:00 AM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

a good one :)

 
At Sunday, June 21, 2015 9:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha--a very risqué sort of poem! Very clever. Thanks for participating Jim. k.

 
At Sunday, June 21, 2015 5:35:00 PM, Blogger C.C. said...

That's a very tidy underwear drawer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home