Tuesday, April 07, 2015

My Little Ship Calls -- Cape Town -- Day 7 of NaPoWriMo 2015

[photo, Cape Town City Bowl taken from Lion's Head 
by Martin Power - Own work, Creative Commons, Wikipedia]
 
My Little Ship Goes

My little ship goes, it goes
from South Africa this fall
I want to go, really do

Little ship starts her voyage
Cape Town is beckoning us
Calls, my little ship and me
 
Ocean Princess sails
End of October, spring time
Flowers bloom way down under

Cape Town beckons me dearly
Show me to a game preserve
Ocean Princess calls



Photos and Poem Copyright© 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved  
 
I am linked today with Kerry O'Connor at the Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform, continuing with Day 7 of Poems in April, and also Day 7 of NaPoWriMo 2015

Kerry's directions for today are anything goes.  She also reminded me of South Africa.  Ocean Princess is a small ship, holding 685 or so passengers, which will sail from Cape Town to Rome, Italy, taking 35 days. 
We sailed her sister ship, the Pacific Princess in the Summer 2013, from Venice, Italy to Istanbul, on into the Black Sea for three stops, and then back to Athens, Greece, stopping at Volos Greece on the way back. (Link) Our KP (youngest Grand-daughter) call it "her little Princess ship".

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:44:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is remarkable...!! Lovely pictures :D
xoxo

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This is lovely, Jim. I would love for you to see Cape Town. Truly one of the most amazing cities in the world. My father has done that trip from Italy to Cape Town.

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 4:43:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

This sounds like a heavenly trip. Savor each moment and bring back lots of poems

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Ravenblack said...

It sounds very pleasant and such a lovely picture of the whole place. The poem has the mood of excitement in looking forward to the trip. :)

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I love when you write poems with this kind of beat. They read like songs. One of these days, it would be grand to hear you read the aloud, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

How lovely~ The sea calls you-what fun!

 
At Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:01:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

I hope you go ~

 
At Wednesday, April 08, 2015 6:12:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Wow--that would be fantastic--I hope your sweet poem is an omen of what's to come! k. (Manicddaily)

 
At Wednesday, April 08, 2015 7:48:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Looks like a pretty big boat, to me! But I love the way calling it a little ship brings a sense of childlike wonder and adventure into the poem.

 
At Wednesday, April 08, 2015 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Bon voyage. May it bring you and yours joy.

 
At Wednesday, April 08, 2015 7:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful plan!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home