Thursday, November 07, 2013

Six Sentence Stories - Reach

.
I reached around and she was gone.
She'd taken my truck and my dog.
What was left was the bills and crud.

I cried for the rest of the night.
The next day I took some coffee,
my best blanket, and hopped a train.

I camped out that day on the Thames.

- - - - - -

Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2013 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
 
Josie Two Shoes requirement:  Write a fiction story with six sentences using "reach" as a theme or part of the story.  The six part was fun but it cramped my style a bit because some of my poems don't have complete sentences or punctuation. 
You can read more of Josie's directions and find links to others' works by clicking here

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:29:00 PM, Blogger Josie Two Shoes said...

Cruel indeed is the woman who not only takes your truck but your dog, that's downright low! I loved the "pick up the pieces" and move on message of this story! A night of tears, and then some recovery time at the Thames. Awesome! Is that a photo of the infamous Mr. Jim up there? :-) What a great piece poem that said it all. Perfect for Six Sentence Stories!

By the way, if you like, feel free to count the lines of your verse as sentences if you are writing your story as poetry, I think that still fits the rules. :-)

 
At Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I can't believe she took the dog, that was really cruel as he would be as good as blanket! Hope it was summer when it happened. I enjoyed the picture you painted Jim.

 
At Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

No, guys. That isn't me camped out there. It's someone I don't know. I wouldn't have the nerve to do that.
..

 
At Friday, November 08, 2013 2:16:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Ouch! Took the truck and dog. Left the bills behind. She wasn't a lady at all.

 
At Friday, November 08, 2013 5:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. I knew a guy whodid just that, but not on the Thames.

 
At Saturday, November 09, 2013 9:11:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Well I think shes a rotter! Hope the dog nipped her!

 
At Saturday, November 09, 2013 9:12:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

That was perhaps a bit harsh :-) sorry!

 
At Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:48:00 AM, Blogger Abelle | The Wows! And Oops! Of Life said...

This made me laugh. Especially the photo ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home