Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Everything in a package -- MidWeek Blues -- What more could one want?

Please scroll down one post for my Sunday poem
One Single Impression: Blue


[large picture] [super sized]

-- The liquor store --
The Dam (B) Liquor Store
at Camilla, Texas (
link)


[large picture] [super sized]

-- The dam --
(to make Lake Livingston)


[large picture] [super sized][large picture] [super sized]

-- and A Lake --
And a couple of pictures of the lake,
Lake Livingston on the Trinity River


- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You know, I've never been in that liquor store.
It seems I never am buying liquor when going by.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo here. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did.
.
Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE, you don't have to write.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Suburban Girl said...

Well your post is funny! Reminds me of someone I know who was a pastor and his initials are D.A.M. Kind of funny too! Mayne he is selling liquor now. ;)

 
At Tuesday, September 01, 2009 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

I got it because it didn't have an 'n' in dam. Just saying.

Have a terrific day Jim. Big hug. :)

 
At Tuesday, September 01, 2009 6:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I was scratching my head, "huh?" -- and then I saw the dam photo... took me a half second but I finally figured it out! Love the irony, the perfect juxtaposition...

Reminds me of the Chevy Chase movie "Vegas Vacation" - they were visiting a dam and the tour guide kept saying these funny lines: "I'm Dave, your Dam tour guide." "If you have any dam questions, save them til the end..." LOL.

~April

 
At Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:40:00 PM, Blogger floreta said...

interesting name! can you believe i've never been to a liquor store? i'm just not a big drinker :P

 
At Tuesday, September 01, 2009 8:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. Jim... I posted my own MWB entry on my Little Writer blog, spurred on by your awesome entries! Such a great idea... Thanks Jim!

~April

 
At Wednesday, September 02, 2009 10:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh the irony..

cool one

shraddha

 
At Wednesday, September 02, 2009 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

That's funny!! So are those "inappropriate quotes?" Ha! Ha!

I did have a Corvette, btw. Not like the one in my pic, but a bright orange '73. Loved that car. Not very practical to have a 2-seater with kids, though.

Good to see you again! :D

 
At Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

made me smile ;)
it's good you don't stop to buy liquor, never drink and shoot photos ;)

baby Hope sends hugs to baby KP

 
At Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:29:00 PM, Anonymous Happily Retired Gal said...

I needed to cool off and to smile. Glad I dropped by because your post helped on both counts.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At Thursday, September 03, 2009 9:44:00 AM, Blogger DeLi said...

smiling out....Loud...which i always do everytime i pass by here :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home