Mutterings and sputterings;
Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?
Sometimes I tell myself some things
Things that really do not matter
But if you hear, well ...
My grandfather cussed a blue streak
But to me mattering? It counts!!
To myself, I don't!!
Sometimes I do funny things,
things that are not funny at all
Though maybe to me
When I'm walking and get excited
I wiggle my thumb, it rotates
That agitates some
On the side here, are you hearing
On the side here, are you hearing
I sing and talk outside, alone
I don't sing so good
And sometimes I write for myself
Them I keep in a secret place
Locked with a password.
And sometimes I write for myself
Them I keep in a secret place
Locked with a password.
When I am asked, "What have you done?"
Then my smart aleck remark is,
"What haven't I done?"
My remark to them, a retort
When their questions get specific
THAT I haven't done!!
_ _ _ _ _
Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
. I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor
Enjoyed this, Jim. I also twiddle my thumbs... when I get anxious I think
ReplyDeleteI agree! Quite a delightful read, Jim 💖
ReplyDeleteWhen I am asked, "What have you done?"
ReplyDeleteThen my smart aleck remark is,
"What haven't I done?"
Irrespective whether done or not, it is still a great answer. There is no reason to take it as an excuse. It perhaps is more of a retort!
Hank
I totally agree. Make it a retort. When I've been asked what I have done, I just shrug and tell my degrees and that I have built parts of bridges. Then I will say, but I am sure you have done so much more. What have you done? But I like your answer much better and am changing my reply to ride people.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your tale of self exploration, and the telling of it.
ReplyDeleteYou had me from the first two lines. I can relate to telling myself stuff that doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteI would say something like that...except when I have been payed to answer (being employed)
ReplyDeleteI sing, too, and not well. But let's keep doing it!
ReplyDeleteI like your retort....it silences your audience.
ReplyDeleteJust a great summery of all that makes you unique... :)
ReplyDelete